In this roundup, we are going to take a look at some powerful presentation software that can become the perfect Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives for you and your team.
People often use Microsoft PowerPoint software to communicate important information through a simply designed slide presentation. It is popular with most people because it is common and a classic tool, but that doesn’t mean it makes it the best presentation design software.
Making a PowerPoint presentation takes up a lot of time, and the average presenter will spend two minutes presenting a single slide.
Microsoft PowerPoint has chosen to remain simple through all of its iterations, upgrades, and updates, but it sometimes lacks intuitiveness presenters need to visualize and present information.
Key Features Missing in Microsoft PowerPoint
Unfortunately, Microsoft PowerPoint is missing some essential features which are listed below:
- The keyboard features in PowerPoint are limited and users cannot use the command key shortcuts on most of the platforms.
- PowerPoint doesn’t give you the auto-save feature unless you have the latest version of the software.
- Collaboration isn’t always possible on PowerPoint, which means you cannot chat with your team, edit in real-time, etc.
- PowerPoint has special effects and other advanced features only available on the desktop version.
- PowerPoint only uses locally installed fonts, therefore, you have limitations when you are designing your presentation using only the installed fonts.
- Other than for PowerPoint for PCs, there are no animation slide triggers feature that amplifies the smoothness of slide showcase design
We decided to take a look at some of the best presentation software and share detailed reviews of the best PowerPoint alternatives. We think you might find some of them easier to use with added functionality.
Best Microsoft PowerPoint Alternatives in 2020
Google Slides is one of the best PowerPoint alternatives. It lets you collaborate with your teammates by letting you; chat with them, comment on the work, edit in real-time, and you can share the presentation with anyone.
It is also one of the free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives, which you can start using immediately since you don’t have to download, install, or take a tutorial to use it. However, you need to have a Google Account.
If you have a Google account, you can not only collaborate with others, but you can quickly create slideshows and present just as easily. The slides can also generate a unique URL, which lets the audience ask you questions as you present the slideshow.
This is a great interactive presenting tool.
- Has a variety of free presentation themes, hundreds of fonts, embedded video, animations, and much more.
- Choose from a wide variety of pitches, portfolios, and other pre-made presentations.
- Use your phone, tablet, or computer to access, create, and edit your presentations anywhere at any time. You don’t even need a connection.
- It has an auto-save feature, in which everything you edit is automatically saved as you type. You can use the revision history to see older versions of the same presentation.
- It works well with PowerPoint, which allows you to; open, edit, and save Microsoft PowerPoint files with the Chrome extension or app.
- You can present your stories with ease, Google Slides allows presenting to Chromecast Hangouts, and AirPlay.
- You can create a presentation through your browser or from the mobile app.
- There is a free version and users are offered a free trial. The general features it has are; Gmail business email, a conference for voice and video, messaging for teams, shared calendar, documents, spreadsheets, presentations.
- Basic: The cost is $5/user per month. The features it has are; 30GB Google Drive storage, 24/7 support via phone, email, and online, Security and admin controls, G Suite alert center.
- Business: The cost is $10/user per month. It has all of the Basic features, including; low-code app development environment, unlimited google drive cloud storage, smart search, e-discovery, audit reports, retention policies, and data regions.
- Enterprise: The cost is $25/user per month. It has all features of the Business, including; data loss prevention for Gmail and Google Drive, S/MIME hosting, Gmail integrations, enterprise-grade access control, and BigQuery.
Download: iOS | Android app not available
Keynote is one of the free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives. It is one of the top Microsoft PowerPoint competitors because of various reasons. Firstly, it has effects that create presentations with the right amount of sparkle, with its intuitive interface.
It also lets you collaborate with team members, edit photos, and add charts/cinematic effects.
It is most effective to use with Apple devices, however, you can use a PC as well. You can use Apple Pencil on your iPad to create diagrams or illustrations to give your presentation that extra dazzle. It also allows you and your team to collaborate in real-time and it doesn’t matter which device they are using.
- You are given tools that benefit both the user and the audience, such as; voice-over narration and a presenter-only view with notes and annotations.
- Users are provided with a pre-built library of useable slide templates, which they can customize.
- It is great for users to use on-the-go since they can access Keynote from their mobile devices.
- You can use your iPhone, and Continuity Camera to take a photo or scan a document and send it straight to Keynote on your Mac.
- You are given access to a variety of chart and graph options, which can be edited within the presentation.
- Keynote also gives its users a variety of slide design tools, such as animations, icons, and transitions.
- File losses are prevented with the auto-save feature.
Apple Keynote is free to use and is available as part of the macOS.
Canva is a software program like Microsoft PowerPoint, which provides a very simple yet intuitive design platform that lets you create high quality, professional graphic designs.
This is one of the best PowerPoint alternatives that is user-friendly and is great for individual use, businesses, and organizations.
As an online design solution, it gives you a multitude of features, which include a simple drag-and-drop design tool and a large collection of over 1 million photographs, graphics, and fonts.
Canva can even give you graphics for your presentations, visual charts to go with your blog content, and posters for marketing campaigns.
- Canva has a wonderful collection of symbols and abstractions that can be placed into any design, and they’re vector images that look great at any size.
- You can edit on the platform without any coding or design knowledge.
- It is easy to drag and drop speech bubbles into your designs, and quickly create your dialog.
- There is design flexibility from the web, iOS, or Android devices because they have plenty of trendy photo filters to choose from to give your photos a signature look.
- You can make soft, beautiful designs that have adjustable transparency for images.
- For the elaborate design aesthetics, you can make photo grids and even mood boards for the foundation of the project presentation.
- If you want to add a little for pizazz to the presentation, you can add stickers to any design by searching stickers through the search pane and scrolling through the pages.
- Free: It is for individuals and small groups working on quick projects. The features it includes are 8,000+ free templates, 100+ design types (social media posts, presentations, letters, etc), and many free photos and graphics.
- Pro: The cost is $9.95 per user/month and is billed annually. Includes one-click design resizing, 60,000+ templates, 60+ million premium stock images, photos, videos, and graphics, custom templates, and more.
- Enterprise: The cost is $ 30.00/user per month and is billed annually. Includes unlimited storage, custom branding, access management, built-in approval workflows, advanced template locking, Single Sign-On (SSO), and more.
Since Prezi calls themselves a worldwide leader for visual communication tools, and after using them we think that it might just be one of the best PowerPoint alternatives.
It works well with both individuals and teams and lets them share their ideas in a more meaningful and hard-hitting way.
It’s great for those presentations that don’t necessarily flow in a particular order. For example; you may be pitching to a prospective client, and you want to be able to modify the presentation on the spot to what they might be interested in.
- You can directly upload an image to use for your graphic on the platform.
- The stock image library has to be pre-loaded to choose from images to use for your banner.
- You can export files as different file types to save your image as different types of files.
- There are ad sets that can duplicate and save your design as an ad set.
- There is a large font selection to choose from to layer over your graphic.
- Prezi gives you tools to help the presentation experience by including features such as voice-over narration and a presenter-only view with notes and annotations.
- There is also a cloud-based version of the platform and an Open Source PowerPoint alternative.
Prezi has various pricing plans for individual and business needs, and they are listed below.
- Basic: Free of cost. In this plan, you can create, share, and store beautiful visual content online that anyone can see.
- Plus: Costs $15 per month. This is great for more visual content power.*
- Standard: Costs $5 per month and it is for personal use.
- Plus: The cost is $15 per month and it is for expert visual communicators.*
- Premium: Costs $59 per month and it is for business professionals. It has all the features of Plus, including; powerful analytics and advanced online training.
Students & Educators
- Plus: Costs $3 per month and it is for students and educators.*
- Teams: The cost is customized and it is for educators and administrators. It has all the features of EDU Plus, along with powerful analytics and collaboration tools.
- Plus: Costs $15 per month and it’s for business individuals. You can create beautiful visual content.*
- Premium: Cost is $59 per month and it is for business professionals. It has all the features of Plus, including; powerful analytics and advanced online training.
- Teams: The cost is customized and it is for teams and enterprises. The features it gives allow; to get your team up and running fast.
*Note: The Plus Plan that is available for all needs and the features it provides are; import your existing PowerPoint slides, get access to premium images and icons, PDF export, and offline access. And plus privacy control, advanced presenter features, and offline access.
Download: Mobile apps not available
If you want one of the best alternatives to Microsoft PowerPoint that creates a fast AI-powered presentation, then Beautiful.ai is the software for you.
This is by far one of the best PowerPoint alternatives, which helps you build a clean, modern, and professionally designed presentation with ease.
The purpose of this software similar to Microsoft PowerPoint is that Beautiful.ai does all the work for you. It is known as a pioneering Design AI and building applications that enable everyone to do consistently beautiful work.
Beautiful.ai turns your ideas into visual presentations with just a few clicks.
- An experience-first approach to UI which makes your creating job so much easier.
- The presentations can be made beautifully with great pre-installed animations.
- It is easy to adapt and reformat the presentation with many predefined color schemes or you can add your own.
- It is a real time-saver that there are pre-made slides that are available, such as; team pages, timelines, etc.
- Once you load the content and the software configures and formats the content. It automatically “beautifies” your presentations and you can share them.
- The pre-formatting tool allows you to be more visual when presenting and keep your audience’s attention.
- However, once your free trial ends you have a limited number of slides left to use.
Beautiful.ai has the following price plans:
- Basic: Is cost-free and it has just the basics. The features it includes are; 100 slide limit, 60+ smart slide templates, free image library, rich icon library, the collaboration between multiple users, export to PDF/PowerPoint, and integrations.
- Pro: The cost is $15 per month and $12 per month billed annually, with a 14-day free trial. It has all the features of Basic, including; unlimited slides, remove beautiful.ai branding, custom fonts, notifications, and integrations.
- Teams: Launching in August. The cost is customized. Has all the features of Basic and Pro, along with SAML Single Sign-On (SSO) integration, audit logging, and gives its customers centralized billing.
Renderforest is a software similar to Microsoft PowerPoint that also provides you with free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives. This software similar to Microsoft PowerPoint is great for both personal and business use.
It helps create different types of videos in minutes, with the help of a large video template catalog.
You can even start editing your videos online, using the tools and cloud storage. Since there is a large gallery of Video Production and Animation Templates, you can upload images, videos and play with text and color pallet however you want.
This is great for making videos for clients, marketing, and PR departments.
- It has a very easy and self-explanatory GUI.
- It has a vast variety of templates and toolkits at your disposal.
- Renderforest has market competitive pricing and storage options, which we found better than what is available in the market.
- It also has commercial music available as a feature.
- This software works great with helping develop workflows and IT systems to pitch ideas to investors.
- Many organizations use Renderforest Video in different functional departments throughout the company.
- It also helps create visual portfolio maps and growth paths for departments.
- Free: It is cost-free. The features it has are; 300 MB storage, Video features: unlimited 360p video exports, up to 1 -minute videos, a limited number of music tracks, and watermarks on everything.
- Amateur: The cost is $39 per month and $9.99 per month billed annually. The features it has are; 10 GB storage, video features: 7 HD720 videos per month, up to 5 -minute videos, 30+ commercial music tracks, and no watermarks on HD videos.
- Pro: Is cost is $69 per month and $19.99 per month billed annually. Has the same features as Amateur it has are; 20 GB storage, video features: 20 HD720 videos per month, up to 15 -minute videos, and 60+ commercial music tracks.
- Popular: The cost is $99 per month and $39.99 per month billed annually. Has the same features as Pro, including; 40 GB storage, audio and video features: 100+ commercial music tracks, and no watermark on anything.
- Agency: The cost is not available in a monthly plan and it is $49.99 per month billed annually. It has all the features of Popular, including various audio and video features.
7. Zoho Show – Free PowerPoint Alternative
Zoho Show is one of the free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives that is cloud-based presentation software that brings slide creation, collaboration, broadcasting, and publishing in one place.
It is great for individual use, SMB’s, non-profit organizations, and mid-market enterprise. You and your team can collaborate in real-time all while creating slides with enticing visuals (including charts, tables, and videos).
This has everything you will need even as a web-based application, and the app is simple to use with a great interface and wonderful customer service that assists when required.
- It works and edits your presentations well (the finishing touches) on Android, Android Wear, iOS, Apple TV & Apple Watch (for viewing content).
- Publish slides online and share the link across social media.
- Share/embed your presentations on your website or blog (as an Iframe) to attract more viewership.
- Complement data with visually appealing charts, by choosing a pre-defined layout that amplifies your data, style every element, and animate parts of your charts to bring out the information.
- Format and edit images to make them reflect your ideas, and use the filter option to add a touch of color.
- Amplify your content by adding strokes to text, fill titles or key points with solid colors and patterns or add reflections, etc.
- Zoho Show also lets you give a clean and clutter-free interface design, which helps decrease distractions immensely.
Zoho Show is a free product.
8. Haiku Deck
Download: iOS | Android app not available
Haiku Deck is the best PowerPoint alternatives and is one of the Microsoft PowerPoint competitors. It lets you create presentations on the web, iPad, or iPhone with ease.
Mashable calls it Instagram for pitch decks, and even the most design-challenged person can create amazing presentations.
This platform is best for teachers, trainers, keynote speakers, sales/marketing, small businesses, and anyone who has a story to tell or an idea to share.
Haiku has a large library of free photos, a variety of designed templates and they are all royalty-free. This is one of the Apps similar to PowerPoint.
- All you have to do is tap “+” to create your first slide, choose a theme, search for images to use, insert text, use graphs or charts, and change the layout.
- The pitch decks can be shared via a web browser, email, and social media, or publicly on Haiku Deck’s gallery.
- You can insert private notes that only the presenter can see.
- Since Haiku Deck plays heavily on the visual impact, it has sparse word use and likes focusing on creating presentations with a visual album.
- Haiku Deck is extremely easy to use, no one needs a tutorial or any help in making an engaging and creative presentation.
- Presentations can be smoother with the option of including private notes that act as a teleprompter for the presenter.
- It is easy to share the presentation via email and social media, private viewing or public sharing, and more.
- Pro: Is cost is $19.99 per month and $9.99 per month billed annually. It has all the basic features, including; unlimited deck creation, download files for offline viewing, printing, and editing, privacy control for your presentations.
- Premium: The cost is $29.99 per month billed annually. It has all the features of Pro, including; in-depth analytics and lead tracking, presentation view notifications, live web playback and priority technical support.
Download: Mobile apps not available
Glisser is one of the software programs like Microsoft PowerPoint that engages with the audience. It also gathers valuable data from live and virtual meetings and events.
It is ingenious the way it does that, by sharing the presentation slide to the audience via smart-devices, they then give electronic feedback.
This feature, in particular, plays the tangent of enabling the interactive communication lines between the presenter and the audience. Attendees can also make electronic mark-up with the slide notes and refer to them later on.
It also allows live polling, Twitter feeds and other live interactions to take place while presenting.
- It is easy to make an interactive presentation and receive answers and feedback immediately.
- Glisser helps keeps the audience engaged and highlights areas of information that need to be spoken about.
- You can add in polls and documents easily, which helps build interactive learning.
- It has a great UI that was easy to navigate and read, however, it has no integration with Google slides or keynote.
- You can use the lecture theatre format to package together learning objects and build interaction into sessions.
- Glisser takes up to 100 people in a room for a lively conference presentation.
- The audience can use the mobile interface and it works well with them.
- Starting from $500. Offers its customers a freemium package that includes all interaction features, however, there are limitations on the features. The features include are limited by several presentations, a handful of features, and access to data.
- Expert and Enterprise: more presentations, features, full data access, and Glisser’s advanced event management features for larger events with multiple sessions.
- Customization can be done for one-off events, specific packages.
Download: Mobile apps not available
Visme is one of the best PowerPoint alternatives. It helps you completely transform how you choose to create and share your presentations. You can use infographics, visual reports, and other visual formats with complete ease.
The whole purpose is to turn your data and create content that tells stories visually.
You can work individually or as a team to collaborate. It is also easy for you to use Visme to publish online, embed the presentation on your website, or download it to use offline.
It helps you organize your data in folders and also gives role-based permissions, which depends if it is team-based or individually.
- The user-friendly project creation dashboard helps the user to choose from various designing options.
- There are a vast number of premade templates that make the overall designing process easier.
- The presentations look far more business-ready than from any of the features of Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Since it is an interactive platform, it makes sure that the customers are engaged for displaying the product or content in various ways.
- The time and cost are reduced considerably when using Visme instead of a graphics program such as Adobe Illustrator.
- They have installed the new animated graphics, which are amazing.
- Visme helps you create infographics, presentations, social media posts, and headers, to printable documents
- Basic: Is the cost is completely free. The features it has are; up to 5 projects, 100 MB storage, limited templates, download as JPG, some charts & widgets, and public projects.
- Standard: The cost is $25 per month and $14 per month billed annually. It has all the features of Basic, including; up to 15 projects, 250 MB storage, all premium assets & templates, no Visme brand on projects, download as pdf, all charts & widgets, and create color palettes.
- Complete: The cost is $39 per month and $25 per month billed annually. It has all the features of Standard, including; unlimited projects, 10 GB storage, download as HTML5, slide library, privacy controls, collect and store leads, organize with folders, and record audio.
- Single: The cost is $39 per month and $25 per month billed annually. The features are; unlimited projects, 10 GB storage, download as HTML5, slide library, privacy controls, collect & store leads, organize with folders, brand kit, and record audio.
- Team: The cost is $117 per month and $75 per month billed annually. It has all the features of Single, including; add and manage users, 10 GB storage per user, share projects & folders, and set permissions.
- Enterprise: The cost is customized. It has all of the features of Team, including; unlimited projects, 25 GB storage per user, Single Sign-on (SSO), additional security, custom sub-domain, dynamic fields, and premium support.
Download: Mobile apps not available
Slidebean is one of the free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives that are best for startups, marketers, and small and medium-sized businesses.
In their pitch deck, we used both the writing and design service, which comes essentially handy when making a product detail slide professionally and it may require a lot of time.
The whole purpose of Slidebean is to separate content from design, which then in return helps you focus on what is important.
With the help of an AI, the first slide is then automatically designed and all you have to do it add the content as the slides are converted into a beautiful design.
- It has the best tool to create slides without design expertise.
- It gives you ready to use templates and AI-based templates.
- With this AI tool, you receive suggestions and customization based on the subject.
- To increase client receptivity you can create attractive graphics.
- Save template customization in the library for future reference.
- Extract the presentation to any common format, such as PPT, PDF, etc.
- Customize URLs, which can be generated and used directly to share across for accessing the deck.
- Free: Is cost-free. The features it has are; access our free templates, try our AI-powered editor, access all our media galleries, and try our pre-built templates.
- Starter: The cost is $8 per month billed annually. It has the same features as Free, including; access 15+ starter templates, easy collaboration, share presentations with others, privacy settings, and export copies to PDF & HTML.
- Premium: Is cost is $19 per month billed annually. It has the same features as Starter, including; enjoy +120 premium templates, track presentation analytics, apply your logo & brand kit, and enjoy priority support.
- Founder’s Edition: The cost is customized. Has the same features as Premium, including; a direct access line to our company founders, proofreading and design tune-up to your slides, dozens of startup deals: the platforms our team uses, legal and business document templates, and A list of +8,000 investor contacts.
12. Microsoft Sway
Download: Mobile apps not available
If you want one of the free Microsoft PowerPoint alternatives, then Sway is the simple tool for you that produces impeccable results. It has an array of vast features that help you tackle the most difficult designs so you can focus on content. And because it’s free, it is amazing.
If you already have a Microsoft account, you can use Sway for free, and if you don’t you can make one and still use it for free.
However, there are still some kinks as to how much content you can fit in a single Sway. Nonetheless, the free version still gives you more than you need as an average user to get the job done.
- It is user friendly and adapts easily on laptops, tablets, and mobile devices.
- You can embed something else into Sway and share it through a visual share link.
- Collaboration is done with ease since it is a cloud-based software.
- It has interactive features, which lets you add multiple elements, such as images, documents, videos.
- You can present your data with three different layout options: vertical (like scrolling through a webpage), horizontal, and a slideshow format.
- Even though it has a limited selection of available templates, you can save an entire Sway presentation as a template.
- Sway does support OneDrive, which allows you to insert content from there.
Sway is free to use if you have a Microsoft Account (Hotmail, Live, or Outlook.com).
Download: iOS | Android app not available
We thought that as a simple yet engaging software, FlowVella takes the cake. It also happens to work seamlessly on the mobile and PDF embed support.
Even though the app is designed specifically for iOS users, it lets individuals and teams work together to create stellar presentations.
FlowVella supports videos, animated GIFs, navigation links, galleries, and PDFs. It is a stress-free software to use since users can add-in elements using the drag-and-drop feature. That way they don’t need any heavy technical knowledge to create amazing presentations.
- You can make more media-rich presentations with FlowVella, using music and sounds that they can play in the background as an element.
- FlowVella is designed to keep presentations even if there is a loss of connection and the presentation has to go offline.
- This is great for individuals and small and large teams as well.
- You can include links and other navigation tools in your presentation.
- Embedded documents such as PDFs can be added to the presentation.
- You can use your iPad devices as a presentation tool in public places.
- FlowVella supports BCC CRM integration.
FlowVella has the following pricing plans:
- Free: The cost is free. The features it has are; four public presentations, flows (presentations) limited to 10 screens/slides, flows say ‘Created in FlowVella’, and it has the best presentation apps for iPhone, iPad & Mac.
- Premium: The cost is $10 per month and $60 per year billed annually. It has the same features as Free, including; unlimited flows, more than 10 screens/slides, password protection, more privacy options, premium analytics, large file uploads (500mb), it also removes the FlowVella logo from iPad/iPhone presenting screen.
- Pro: The cost is $20 per month and $200 per year billed annually. Has the same features as Premium, including; new kiosk mode, professional web player, presentation alerts when viewed, BCC CRM integration, shared analytics.
- Enterprise: Comes with a custom quote. It has the same features as Pro, including; branded web player, a custom domain name for web player, branded apps, custom pricing for volume purchase, and integrated content and training (optional).
Creating the best presentation to captivate your audience isn’t always easy, however, you know for a fact the right software can make it not just easy but fun as well.
Have you ever used a particular software to create fabulous presentations to wow your audience? Other than PowerPoint? If so, tell us which one in the comments below so we can give you a better analysis and recommendations.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- 24 Amazing Journal Apps to Use in 2020: Android and iOS
- 30 Best To-do List Apps of 2020: Manage Your Tasks Effectively
- 13 Online Whiteboards to Visualize Thoughts & Ideas in 2020
- 20 Amazing Book Reading Apps for Android and iOS in 2020
- 18 Powerful Online Resume Builders to Create a Stellar CV in 2020
- 14 Wireframe Tools to Create Stellar Mockups Online in 2020
- 12 Awesome Free Online Invoice Generators for Small Businesses in 2020
- 19 Email Clients for Maximum Email Productivity in 2020
- 14 Customer Feedback Software & Apps to Use in 2020
- 20 Super Useful Calendar Apps to Organize Your Life in 2020
- 14 Expense Tracker Apps for Small Businesses & Households in 2020
- 23 Amazing Business Accounting Software for Small Businesses in 2020
- 26 Best Password Managers of 2020 – Android, iOS, Web, Mac, Windows
- 25 Best SaaS Blogs You Should Be Following in 2020
- 16 Awesome URL Shorteners You Should Use in 2020 (Free & Paid)