In this roundup, we are going to take a look at the best Monday.com alternatives. This will help you pick the right software for your project management needs.
It takes more time and energy than you can imagine informing every day of each minor detail with your working team. Few apps such as Monday.com make the process of task management easier.
Gartner predicts that by 2022, 70% of teams will rely on some form of team management and online collaboration tools. Similarly, a survey by Cisco states that 9 out of 10 respondents are willing to adopt a collaborative solution at the earliest.
All this means that we should have an idea of the best team collaboration software. Although Monday.com is one of the most used project management apps, we will be writing about different Monday.com alternatives.
These tools can support your teams’ needs and help you in smooth operations.
Features Missing in Monday.com
Though Monday.com is a complete package that can help you to build your strong team communication. Yet, there are a few features that can make buyers think twice before going forward with Monday as their choice for project management and collaboration.
Monday.com is a bit expensive. It does offer a timeline view but it comes at a price. The software costs $49 per month for 5 users. And, that is just for the basic plan. This makes it a little expensive than few others.
2. No Project Invoicing
Though not for all, some people have said that it is missing an invoicing function. This is a way for the project managers to bill their clients. That is what makes them look for other free Monday.com alternatives.
3. Limited Free Features
Its basic version has some limitations. For example, basic Monday.com stores activity logs only for one week. So, if anyone needs to keep critical files for a long period, it would be impossible.
4. No DMs/Private Chat
The basic plan of Monday.com also lacks some important features such as private messaging. Also, there are missing advanced search options and integrations which make us look for other alternatives to Monday.com.
5. Cluttered Interface
Though Monday.com has a user-friendly interface, some people have reported that sometimes it appears to be cluttered. This happens when there are numerous assignments and comments under a file.
The participants may get confused because of that cluttered appearance. So, some users may have an opinion that there needs to be more space for an effective organization of tasks and sub-tasks.
The 13 Best Monday.com Alternatives in 2020
Though Monday.com is one of the top task management software, it still lacks few features as we mentioned above. This means that we must have a backup of software programs like Monday.com.
So, let’s read on further and find out what are our picks for the best Monday.com alternatives. You will get a complete idea for each of them.
1. Smartsheet – Powerful Monday Alternative
A great platform to manage your tasks and work. Smartsheet offers in-app purchases for availing more advanced features. Smartsheet makes you maximize your productivity by giving you Excel-like sheets that give complete detail.
Smartsheet has quite a familiarity with Excel that also allows you to access fields/parameters using the drop-down menus. It also allows creating a hierarchy for tasks and subtasks so you can completely organize your workflow.
Smartsheet also comes with a friendly user-interface. There are templates stored for use according to the business area. Let’s read on to find out what more features it has to offer.
- Smartsheet gives the app integration feature for integrating additional software such as cloud software that can help in a good backup of your work.
- Automation features to automate some of your spreadsheets. So, you won’t have to go through certain tasks repeatedly
- You can add an unlimited amount of custom fields to every task.
- It offers several templates and formatting tools to work better.
- Hybrid spreadsheets for project budgeting, expenses, and time tracking.
- A comprehensive library of support videos that can help you in learning about the software and getting a good grasp on it.
Smartsheet is available with the following pricing plans:
- Individual: for single users, costs $14/month
- Business: costs $25/user/month for small and mid-sized teams
- Enterprise: no public pricing but is suitable for large companies
- Premier: does not offer public pricing but suitable for large companies wanting additional features.
Mobile apps not available
Check out our top picks for best Microsoft Project alternatives.
Another one of the best alternatives to Monday.com is Microsoft Project. It is a suitable platform for big, medium, and large-sized companies. It is an advanced project management software that can help you to effectively monitor the project processes.
There come different pricing plans with it each suitable according to the needs of the buyers. Microsoft Project has customizable charts to better visualize your workflow.
This one is a good choice for wanting a clear and simple interface. Read more of its features.
- Microsoft Project comes with high-level project budgeting toolkit which can do “Earned Value” calculations.
- Use Microsoft Project to keep your tabs open and track your people’s progress for a certain task.
- You can add additional panels for things like how accounts and costs will change over time.
- There is no mobile app that is related to Microsoft Project. However, other apps are closely related.
- There are solutions for business in Microsoft Project which offer Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- You can take your Microsoft Project to the next level by interactive dashboards that can communicate with the current status of your projects.
- There are shortcuts for the tools and functions for finding something quickly.
Microsoft Project comes with two pricing models:
1. Cloud: starting at $10/user/month for a quick start with basic features, and goes up to $55/user/month for advanced project portfolio optimization
- Standard: costs $620 for managing tasks, 1 PC per person and full application
- Professional: costs $1,030 for additional features such as syncing with Project Online and Project Server, timesheets, advanced analytics, and more
- Server: price not given publicly, contact sales for inquiry
3. Jira – Alternative to Monday
Find out our top picks for the best Jira alternatives.
Being used by agile teams, Jira is a management tool developed by Atlassian. It is one of the best alternatives to Monday.com as it gives features of scrum boards with customization.
Also, Jira gives good visibility by organizing tasks in scrum and Kanban boards with the usage of colors. Jira helps to get your job done faster with the new mobile interface.
Jira integrates well with other platforms that can make you talk with colleagues and custom accordingly. Let’s see what other important features it has.
- Jira has an agile reposting system. This gives a complete view of reports with real-time and actionable insights.
- There is a Kanban board style that tells you how much work is done and what is left. You can have maximum delivery in the minimum amount of time.
- With Jira, you get 250 GB of storage which is plenty enough to store your big data.
- It has a scrum view that allows you to create issues and pick a sprint. Then for each sprint, there can be given a goal or deadline.
- With easy adding and editing comments, you can do faster mentions and smoother arrow-key navigations.
- There are enterprise solutions that make this more secure and scale Jira software across your organization.
- Based on your needs, Jira allows having custom filters using Jira Query Language (JQL).
- Free: for up to 10 users and 100 executions per month
- Standard: costs $7/user/month for up to 5,000 users with advanced permissions and 500 executions per month
- Premium: costs $14/user/month for up to 5,000 users with advanced features and more support.
4. Notion – Best Free Monday Alternative
Get all your work organized on a single collaborative platform. Notion is another free program like Monday.com which unifies your company’s work processes. You can share notes, manage projects together, and see the progress with its Kanban style.
Notion has simplified the process of creating, sorting, assigning tasks, and collaborating among teams. It offers a variety of templates and their creation that can make it easier for you to replicate pages in the databases.
Notion offers rich media support which can include images, to-dos, bookmarks, and 20+ block types. Notion is offering a lot of other features too so check them out.
- Note-taking is one of the most powerful features of Notion. With this, you can add a list, text, sounds, videos, and code snippets.
- Saves you time and allows you to create templates for your notes. This saves time and makes it easy for you to replicate pages.
- Kanban visualization of tasks and to-do lists. With this board interface, it gets the job done well.
- Notion can be integrated with various other software to ease the workflow streamline. It can also import the data from the other software.
- Notion gives the ability to undo actions. It allows users to see previous versions and return to previous versions.
- It allows you to add comments in real-time so everyone knows what is new and what is happening.
- You can also add a filter to see your tasks only. You won’t have to go through the tedious task of searching for everything for task-relevant to you.
- Free: costs $0 with basic features such as an invitation to members, exportation, and uploading of max 5 MB file
- Personal: costs $5 per member/month and $4 per member/month for a whole year with unlimited invitations, no upload limit, permissions control, access version history, and exportation
- Team: costs $10/month and $8/month for a whole year with unlimited invitations, no upload limit, access to admin settings, access version history, and permission controls.
- Enterprise: costs $25 per member/month and $20 per member/month for a whole year with all features of Team plan plus managing of employee access, customer success manager, exportation.
5. Asana – Beautiful Alternative to Monday.com
Find out our top picks for the best Asana alternatives.
Our next pick for the best Monday.com alternatives is Asana. It is a cloud-based project management solution that has been helping teams to manage multiple projects at the same time.
From task management to reporting, notifications, tools, and more, Asana carries useful features needed in any organization. You can stay on track and keep others updated on any new changes.
Asana has been a choice of several companies all over the world. It has introduced automation to perform repetitive tasks more quickly.
- Asana is available for Android and Apple phones and can be accessed through any device
- The free version of Asana is for up to 15 users
- Asana can be integrated with applications such as DropBox, Sunrise, HipChat, Google Drive, and more
- There are separate boards for new, in progress, and completed tasks that give a more organized view
- The milestone tracking feature keeps track of all tasks under process so you know where you are heading. You can also add tasks to your home screen for a shortcut
- Use conversations for announcements, questions, and comments on a task
- Work offline whenever you don’t have access to the internet
There are 4 pricing plans that Asana offers:
- Basic: Free of cost for basic team management
- Premium: costs $10.99/user/month for creating project plans
- Business: costs $24.99/user/month for teams for work across initiatives
- Enterprise: price not given publicly. Enterprise is for additional security, control, and support
Find out our top picks for the best Basecamp alternatives.
One of the most widely used and a free Monday.com alternative is Basecamp. Everything is organized in one place and teams work together. But, some people have reported having a little complex interface.
There are dedicated tools to plan, work, give updates, and share files. There is a message board where you can share your comments with the people. It also offers the automatic check-ins option.
You can access Basecamp from anywhere- on the web, iOS, and Android. Let’s take a deeper look at its features.
- Basecamp has a good reminding feature that keeps everyone on track. There are automatic check-ins to get insights from the teams instead of wasting time at the meeting.
- There are message boards, to-dos, schedule boards, uploading docs and files, group chats, and more tools that keep everything organized.
- Basecamp sends you notifications about anything new added that is related to you.
- “My Stuff” lets you see everything you have to do and is on your plate.
- There are hill charts that show where the projects exactly stand. They let you spot your problems and solve them before deadlines.
- You can upload and download all docs and files.
- Its mobile application is also easy to use so you can update your work status from anywhere.
- Free: Basecamp offers a trial of 30 days that can be extended upon request
- Business: costs $99/month flat for unlimited users, unlimited projects, all features, and 500 GB of file storage.
From the list of free software programs like Monday.com, we have our next pick, Confluence. It can be your ultimate team management software that gives you a new way to work.
Confluence makes you to group pages together that increases productivity and keeps you more organized. It comes with a blank page or customizable templates with the option of adding images, documents, or more.
Confluence also works better with other software set as Trello and Jira software providing endless app integration. Let’s read on further and find out what its key features are.
- Available for Android, Mac, and PC. This means that you can access your work from any device.
- It allows users to group similar pages. This means that you can see the content that you need. This improves productivity such as in content feedback.
- Offers enterprise solutions, suitable for high-level organizations requiring more security.
- It provides a commenting option so you can give your feedback to the relevant people at the right time.
- Over 15 customizable templates in Confluence and also you can add images, text, and documents for pages.
- Advanced search technology makes it easy for team members to find what they are looking for.
- The software lets you have control over user permissions so you know who is accessing your data.
Confluence is available with the following pricing plans:
- Free: up to 10 users, page versioning, page trees, basic templates, 2 GB file storage limit, and community support.
- Standard: costs $5 per user/month, includes all the features in the Free plan plus archiving, anonymous access for third parties, 250 GB file storage, 9-5 standard customer support, and more.
- Premium: costs $10 per user/month, includes all the features in the Standard plan plus team usage analytics, access and permission management, audit logs, unlimited storage, 24/7 customer support, and more.
Another one of the best free alternatives to Monday is Scoro. With this, you can manage your all work in one place. Scoro helps you to have better business management software while providing dashboards, templates, and a secured business management environment.
Scoro helps your team to manage tasks through its dashboards keep your team on the same page. Scoro has work scheduling, tracking, database, and CRM, that smoothens the flow of the business.
See and read yourself below its amazing key features that can help you with everyday tasks.
- Scoro gives the ability to reallocate tasks to a different team so that management becomes more dynamic and quick.
- There are alert functions that can help you to stay alert about the due tasks.
- Scoro can integrate email, task management, and job monitoring which saves time and effort.
- There are customizable dashboards for the pipeline that you can design according to your idea.
- You can set priority levels in it where you can make your team to do certain tasks on priority.
- With the help of drag and drop, users can move and change dependencies.
- There are some recurring processes. You can set those on automatic mode and Scoro will perform them thus saving time and effort.
Scoro has the following 4 pricing plans available:
- Essential: costs $26/user/month for smaller teams
- Work Hub: from $37/user/month for better time management and collaboration tools
- Sales Hub: from $37/user/month for more forecasts and reports
- Ultimate: price not given publicly but comes with top advanced automation and reporting capabilities.
9. Easy Project
Easy Project is one of the best alternatives to Monday.com when it comes to having a simple yet providing project management solution. It is a cloud-based management platform offering teams, companies, and customers to have a collaborative workspace.
There are templates, calendars, workloads, and timelines to smoothen the process of every company. It also offers financial metrics such as revenues, costs, budgets, and other expenses.
Its latest version Easy Project 10 is based on Scrum, WBS, Gantt, Kanban, and other project management practices. Let’s see more of its important features.
- Offers app integration such as Microsoft Outlook and Office, Google Calendar, Gmail, and Slack.
- Easy Project is easy to use. It has an easier time logging and a task creation system.
- Allows archiving of completed jobs. You don’t need to go back and see them again and again.
- There is plenty of option for the customization of fields. You can add parameters according to your task and design.
- It gives good real-time team collaboration with customizable notifications and alerts, messages, file sharing, and reminders.
- Another good thing is that you can access your project anywhere at any time with its mobile device apps.
It comes with a free version and other 3 pricing structures:
- Essential: costs $6.5/user/month for classic project management
- Business: costs $13/user/month for better work and risk management with finances
- Platform: costs $20.56/user/month for all features along with help desk
Mobile apps not available
ProWorkflow is another project management solution that eases and manages all your projects smartly. Including all the specs for the traditional PM system, this software has templates, timesheets, reminders, and alerts.
ProWorkflow also displays a graphical summary of the projects. This gives a good overview of what is going on in the company.
ProWorkflow can be accessed through laptops and other devices with the help of the URL given above. It has other features too.
- There is a built-in messaging platform that allows participants to chat and share feedback, send notifications and share files
- ProWorkflow also offers great customer support if you have any issues regarding the software.
- At the bottom, there is a kind of bird-eye view that gives a summary of the project. Here, participants can see the full text of every comment on every task within the project.
- Though there are templates, you can also make a project without the use of templates
- Assign a single task to multiple people easily
- Set a time limit for each task or use the Time tab to record billable time
- Integrate ProWorkflow with other apps and services
- Solo: costs $10/user/month that is ideal for freelancers
- Professional: costs $20/user/month with comprehensive task and project management
- Advanced: costs $30/user/month with a minimum of 5 users and is perfect for large teams
Redbooth is another pick for free Monday alternatives. It has a simple and flexible structure that is easy to use for effective project management. There are wonderful templates to choose from for enhancing the outlook and operation of your work.
Each portion is assigned to a team member where only he/she can see it. Redbooth allows messaging to the entire group so that everyone gets it instantly.
You can also use Redbooth as a free Monday.com alternative for invoice and more. Its other features are written below.
- There are customizable Kanban boards. They are easy to plan and keeps your communication clear.
- You know who is working on what and when it is going to due. There are also customizable tag options.
- You can stay focused with the help of its dashboards between emails and meetings.
- Also, the Gantt charts using Redbooth’s timeline view, you can track your projects easily.
- There are also drag and drop features, changing dates, and task dependencies.
- Redbooth is a good free alternative to Monday as it offers reports, overviews, and calendars. So, you can truly know your task status.
- You can push notifications to your email account. So, you never have to miss any update or important alert.
- Free: $0/user/month with up to two workspaces, 2 GB file storage, Gantt charts, and reporting.
- Pro: costs $9/user/month with all features of free plus 5 GB storage, HD meeting with zoom, and free external users.
- Business: costs $15/user/month with all pro features and unlimited workspace, 50 GB storage, business reporting, assignable subtasks and more
Grow your business with another one of the best Monday.com alternatives. Bitrix24 keeps your business alive by providing all at one place team activity. It gives a unified platform for effective task management, messages, contacts, and projects.
Bitrix24 is giving a good solution for handling tasks, file sharing, HR management, document management, calendar, planning, and more. You can access it anywhere anytime through your phone, iPad, or PCs.
Any user can start this software for free with the availability of up to 12 users. Let’s read on and find out more about its features.
- Native time tracking tool that includes check-ins/outs, work reports, daily planners, and a meeting manager module.
- It offers a range of other tools, such as Bitrix Company Pulse and gamification that tells about the struggling employees and help them get recognition.
- Built-in Gantt charts that give you a good overview of your projects.
- Bitrix24 provides an array of functions for centralizing all communications and collaboration. This inclusion of features can be overwhelming sometimes.
- It allows several workspaces and templates as well as the ability to customize and make your own.
- Bitriz24 also features form making function that you can customize according to your needs.
- Several pre-coded automation is included that makes this software very easy to use.
- Free: for 12 users with 5 GB storage and basic features for various Bitrix24 modules.
- Project+: costs $39/month for 24 users and 24 GB online storage. Includes all essential CRM, sales intelligence, communication, and task/project management features.
- Standard: costs $99/month for 50 users and 100 GB online storage. Includes all CRM, sales intelligence, contact center, task/project management, website management, eCommerce modules, and more with a few limitations.
- Professional: costs $199/month for unlimited users and unlimited storage. Includes all modules for Includes CRM, sales intelligence, contact center, task/project management, website management, eCommerce modules, and more with no limits.
Avaza is another option for managing your projects effectively. Available on phones and PCs via the web, this is a great software that includes a super-friendly interface.
Avaza has project dashboards, project budgeting, activity feeds, and powerful reports system which makes it a good choice as a free Monday alternative. You can toggle between Kanban, Gantt, and list views of the tasks.
What’s more, is that you can schedule and edit your assignments with a simple drag and drop feature. Avaza holds many other important features too.
- There is one-click time tracking. With these daily and weekly timesheets, you can set time and rate that makes billing and reporting easier.
- Avaza also allows integrating your other software for a more powerful experience.
- You can take a picture of your receipts and email to Avaza that creates professional invoices for you in seconds.
- Keep your team on the same page by discussing and commenting team’s thoughts in one place.
- You can attach files of any type instantly. Also, keep your files in your preferred cloud storage.
- Assign specific users to specific projects and secure your business.
- There are many templates and you can also create your own as required.
- Free: includes unlimited collaborators but single-user access for expense management, resource planning, and invoicing. It also offers 100MB of storage space and other basic features.
- Startup: costs $9.95/month for 2 users and 10 GB storage. Includes unlimited collaborators, 20 active projects, unlimited customers, 50 invoices per month, and priority support.
- Basic: costs $19.95/month for 5 users and 20 GB storage. Includes unlimited collaborators, 50 active projects, 100 invoices per month, and priority support.
- Business: costs $39.95/month for 10 users and 30 GB storage. Includes unlimited collaborators, unlimited active projects, unlimited customers, 100 invoices per month, and priority support.
14. Toggl Plan
Mobile apps not available
Toggl Plan is our last pick for the best alternatives to Monday.com. It is also a simple and beautiful project planning software that can manage your business tasks rightly.
It gives teams a visual overview of what is going on in the organization. You can stay up to date with everyone and on the same page. You can plan your tasks on a timeline to see what is happening.
Toggl Plan is a good option for serving small and medium-sized workflows. This software holds other important features.
- With Toggl Plan, you can easily share whatever you want and to the people relevant to it.
- The custom color feature allows users to design workspace according to toothier own needs.
- You can add milestones and set its visibility for the people you want.
- You can upload any type of file and share it with your team.
- Add comments directly to update< share feedback and improve communication.
- There is a Gantt chart that gives a good overview of the projects going on.
- The drag and drop interface has made it easier to use.
- You can also integrate apps such as Slack or more.
It has a simple pricing structure
- Free: for up to 5 users with basic features
- Premium: costs $9/user/month, billed monthly for annual view, custom colors, file upload to 100 MB, multi-assign tasks and favorites
Above, we mentioned some of the best Monday.com alternatives available for PCs, smartphones, and your Apple collection. Each of them has unique features that make them suitable for different types of companies.
Effective task management creates ease in the workflow of a company. Which software you have used and which one is your favorite? Do let us know in the comments.
Other SaaSy goodness on All That SaaS:
- 18 Powerful Timeline Makers in 2020: Make Interactive Timelines Online
- 29 Powerful Resource Management & Planning Software in 2020
- 14 Amazing Evernote Alternatives for Note-Taking in 2020
- 16 Awesome Slack Alternatives for Team Chat in 2020
- 29 Awesome Firefox Add-ons, Extensions & Firefox Themes in 2020
- 24 Amazing Journal Apps to Use in 2020: Android and iOS
- 16 Awesome URL Shorteners You Should Use in 2020 (Free & Paid)
- 22 Best HR Management Software & Tools to Use in 2020
- 15 Best Gym Management Software Tools for Gym Owners in 2020
- 14 Powerful Screen Recording Software in 2020
- 19 Email Clients for Maximum Email Productivity in 2020
- 30 Best To-do List Apps of 2020: Manage Your Tasks Effectively
- 25 Best SaaS Blogs You Should Be Following in 2020